Monday, April 11, 2011

Could I GET any luckier???

Almost five years ago now when I started bespeak, I knew I had a passion for presentations, but I had absolutely no idea how to be in business. I had always been employed by someone else. and someone pretty big.  Luckily for me, my sister is a small business coach.  I had help and advice, cheering on and guidance 24 /7. 

My sister, Diane Helbig, lives in Cleveland, so all of this support was done long distance.  We often talked about how great it would be to be able to do a day of workshops for small business owners and include my presentations/public speaking part into her everything else.  Logistics so far have prevented that from happening.

Well, today, thanks to the miracle of modern technology ( and a little thing called Blog Talk Radio) I was on the "air" as my sister's guest on her bi monthly radio show; "Accelerate Your Business Growth".  I think quite a few people were listening in, but I can tell you that no one had more fun than she and I.

Now that I think about it, that's often the case for the two of us where ever we are, no matter what the occasion or how many other people are there.  She has been my best friend my whole life (and truth be told my only friend for the younger bossier part of it). 

Now despite years and distance, we can share business thrills and fun (and, yeah, she talks me of the ledge every once in a while) and its ups and downs just like everything else we've ever experienced.

I mean, really, could I GET any luckier?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The feeling is mutual! I believe I am your biggest fan and know that you provide invaluable service to your clients. THey are lucky to have you.

Helping you launch and grow your business is just a part of what we do for each other. We are lucky - beyond belief!

Thanks for helping my audience understand how to be heard.

xo dd