Monday, January 18, 2010

gratitude is IN at the Golden Globes

Watching the Golden Globes last night I was happily struck by the overwhelming gratitude of the winners. To a man (and woman) each winner expressed true heartfelt appreciation for not only the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, but for their producers, directors, fellow castmates and crew, their families and their work.

I think maybe a silver lining in the challenging economy of the last year and a half or so is that people are taking stock of what they do have and giving thanks. Having work and work that you love and are rewarded for doing is truly something worth cherishing. (and don't I know it.)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know; this is Hollywood and these are actors for crying out loud (I may be a HUMONGOUS Pollyanna but I hang out with a couple stark realists; you know who you are.) Still, gratitude it gratitude and I don't think theirs was manufactured of misplaced. And I, for one, found it utterly heartwarming.

No comments: